sábado, 1 de junio de 2013

Día 53: Temporada 4, Episodio 12 "Everybody Comes to Hank's"

"It started out as another case of 'where's mommy' but then it turned tail faster than a kicked pooch. Either I'm being played for a patsy or that palooka is actually Brock's kid." 




What do you want me to card her? She said she was twenty!

Capítulo anterior: "Every Which Way But Zeus"
Episodio: Temporada 4, Episodio 12
Escrito por: Doc Hammer
Fecha Original: 3 de Octubre del 2010
Debut de Personajes: Nikki Fictel.

Trama: Mientras Dean se va a New York para una pasantía de verano, Hank es forzado a buscar un trabajo por su padre, por lo cual abre un negocio propio. Pero cuando Dermott accidentalmente lo impulsa a resolver el misterio acerca de si Brock es realmente su padre o no, Hank se pone su fedora para convertirse en un detective privado, descubriendo más de lo que quisiera saber, en un misterio envuelto en mentiras, sexo y secretos oscuros.

Trivia Favorita: Obviamente el gran homenaje es a las películas Noir y lo hacen de la mejor manera posible. Sin embargo, me encantó la breve charla sobre Hechizada que Al y el Dr. O tienen (Más trivia en The Mantis Eye Project.)

Diálogo Favorito: Obviamente, el gran ganador de esto es Hank, que habla todo el capítulo cómo si fuese Humphrey Bogart.



DR. ORPHEUS
Changing the terms of my child support.

THE ALCHEMIST
Remember when your wife used to screw you without paperwork?

DR. ORPHEUS
Oh, that's very appropriate for the boy to hear!

HANK
[shuffling papers] You hear a lot in my line of work. Okay, just sign here, initial here, annnnd...
________________

NIKKI
Hey has anyone seen Dermott?

HANK
He left with your mom like four hours ago.

NIKKI
[sighs] I drove all the way from the highlands. You think he coulda called me to tell me he got a ride.

HANK
You know Dermott. He's not one for politeness but he's a good kid. If you don't get an apology I'll make him buy you flowers, deal?

NIKKI
Deal. What are you guys doing?

HANK
Me and Al have a job. I'd bend your ear on it but a pretty dame like you shouldn't get involved with this kind of thing. It's too dangerous.

NIKKI
Dangerous. Uh huh. No seriously, what are you guys doing?

HANK
Scram, doll! I don't wanna think about a body like yours getting busted up over this! [takes a drink]

NIKKI
[laughs] Okay. Thanks. Uh, hey Hank, I just wanna thank you for keeping Dermott out of trouble and stuff.

HANK
Like I said, he's a good kid. Now drift, doll, we gotta get some work done.

NIKKI
Okay. Bye Hank. And, um-

THE ALCHEMIST
Al. I'm his, uh, gal Friday, I guess.

NIKKI
Right, right. [starts to walk away] Oh, Hank, I don't think Dermott's gonna apologize to anyone, so uh, why don't you stop by with those flowers? [she exits]

THE ALCHEMIST
Hank! You- you were amazing! When did you get so smooth?

HANK
It's the hat! I have had a crush on Dermott's sister forever! I've never said anything to her before!

THE ALCHEMIST
She was on you like Sid on Nancy! Alright, Hank. I'm in! I'll be your partner 'til we solve this case or 'til I get completely bored doing it!
_____________________

NIKKI
Is that your good luck hat?

HANK
I don't know yet. I'll tell you in the morning.

NIKKI
[laughs] You're probably sick of all this kind of stuff [holding a Rusty bobblehead]

HANK
I'll tell ya, doll, ol' Thaddeus Venture didn't have the saavy to save any of them doohickeys.

NIKKI
Well that's ironic.

HANK
That's Rusty.

NIKKI
You remind me so much of him.

HANK
Ya daffy? Dean's just like my old man. I'm the black sheep of the Venture flock! [NIKKI laughs] I'm trouble!

NIKKI
No, I mean you're like Rusty from the cartoon. Your dad's a scared little has-been, but you are just like the real Rusty Venture. So cool. So fearless and powerful. But trapped in the body of a young man.

HANK
Sounds like you're trying to seduce me. And this old Shamus can smell it when a chippy's pulling a flim-flam. What are you hiding!?

NIKKI
Nothing! [she puts her hand on HANK's leg] Well, I guess I'm hiding a huge crush on you.

HANK
[starts to sweat and breathe heavily] I don't get involved with my clients.

NIKKI
I thought you just came here to bring me flowers.
____________________

HANK
Yeah, I slipped over to that dame's joint to question her. Things got hot.

THE ALCHEMIST
What did she say?

HANK
Say? Nothing. But she did things to me that I didn't think were possible. That looker ran me through the yard and lammed off of my ticker!

THE ALCHEMIST
Hank, take off your detective hat and tell me what happened.

HANK


REVIEW


Mi segundo capítulo favorito en toda la serie, y eso que no incluye a mi personaje favorito (21!). Paro ADORO este capítulo, y cómo siempre, el twist es tan bueno, tan enfermo e inesperado...

Hank hablando en jerga de película cuarentera es invaluable. Cómo verán, me he explayado con los diálogos ahí arriba, y es precisamente por cuan bien escrito esta todo esto. Para mayor satisfacción, obviamente sería bueno que estén familiarizados con algunas películas noir. Y si no lo están, es un buen momento para empezar!


Al obviamente tiene un excelente papel. Me encanta el Alquimista, es tan divertido verlo seguirle la corriente a Hank, y hasta emocionarse cuando lo ve sacar sus mejores encantos. Y me maté de risa cuando grita MORNING GLORY durante el hechizo que hace con Orpheus. 





Y ese twist, por DIOS! ESE FUCKING TWIST! ESTÁN ENFERMOS!  En fin, bien por Hank! Creo. 


Ah y ESE FINAL!!!!





RATING






GO TEAM VENTURE!



Siguiente Capítulo: "Bright Lights, Dean City"

1 comentario:

  1. Magico realmente magico... no soy un fan de muchas pelis Noir pero ubico la trivia, ya de entrada dije no es posible realmete el cocky boy es hijo de Brock?!?!?! y es tan gracioso cuando brock ve la foto de la abuela de Dermott y dice "sorry hank I've never been that drunk or so desperate" y bueno tu te la crees hasta q se ve q no era la vieja si no la hija pero luego viene el twist de q no era Brock si no Rusty y jodida historia.
    Bien por Hank carajo asi q la clave esta en el sombrero de Indy jejejeje
    Al realmete es el complemento perfecto del capitulo hasta Shoreleave lo admite hehehe
    Muy Buen capitulo!!!

    ResponderEliminar